Astrid 25cm Steiff-Schulte Mohair 5-Way Jointed Bear Pattern
Astrid's pattern will enable you to create this 5-way jointed angel 'bear'er of good tidings. Her coat of Steiff-Schulte mohair is interwoven with a gold thread, which enhances her festive appeal.
Designed by Eunice Beaton
Skill LevelIntermediate (See Skill Level explanation page)
Basic sewing and bearmaking experience required for hand stitching.
Astrid requires the following if you wish to make her:
- Sparse, matted Steiff-Schulte mohair wih gold thread – sized 25 cm x 46 cm.
- Use reverse of mohair for paws and footpads.
EyesOne pair 5 mm black glass eyes with loops.
- 10 x size 25 mm fibre joint discs.
- 4 x Slot-head screws, 4 x Lock-nuts and 8 x Washers for limb connections.
- 1 x Cotter pin and 2 x washers for head and body connection.
- 1 metre #5 black or brown embroidery thread for nose and mouth.
- Wide gold-type ribbons (approx 5cm x 25cm) for Astrid’s wings. Two different textures.
- Hollofibre filling is not included in the pattern.
- Astrid is a collectable bear and not suitable for young children due to small parts.