Dandylion 20cm Mohair 5-Way Jointed Bear Pattern
Dandylion's pattern will enable you to create this 5-way jointed, lion-inspired mohair bear who would be quite at home in the wild! He has ultrasuede paws and footpads and is particularly proud of his black mane.
Designed by Eunice Beaton
Skill LevelIntermediate (See Skill Level explanation page)
Basic sewing and bearmaking experience required for hand stitching.
Dandylion requires the following if you wish to make him:
- Long 22mm pile Schulte mohair for hair (head) & ears - sized 22 cm x 14 cm.
- Fuzzy (golden tan) felted Schulte mohair for body & limbs – sized 25 cm x 32 cm.
- Mini velvet for face & inner ears, in contrasting colour - sized 14 cm x 8 cm.
- Black ultrasuede for paws & footpads - sized 12 cm x 9 cm.
- For eye detail – scrap of black ultrasuede.
EyesOne pair 10mm black, brown or coloured glass eyes with loops.
- 4 x size 17 mm fibre joint discs for arms to body connection.
- 6 x size 25 mm fibre joint discs for legs and head to body connection.
- 5 x Cotter or T-pins for the head and limbs to body connection.
- 0.5 metres #5 or #8 black Perle embroidery thread for his nose and mouth.
- 1.5 metres #5 or #8 gold-coloured Perle embroidery thread.
- Hollofibre filling is not included in the pattern.
- Dandylion is a collectable bear and not suitable for young children due to small parts.