Dixie 28cm Mohair 5-Way Jointed Bear Pattern
Dixie's pattern will enable you to create this 5-way jointed, alpaca/mohair bear. She's a stylish 'belle', with an image reminiscent of the 1920’s ‘flappers’, enhanced by the 'bling' that adorns her.
Designed by Eunice Beaton
Skill LevelIntermediate (See Skill Level explanation page)
Basic sewing and bearmaking experience required for hand stitching.
Dixie requires the following if you wish to make her:
- Short, dense straight (off white) pile Schulte alpaca or mohair - sized 43 cm x 35 cm.
- Ultrasuede (cream or stone) for footpads - size 6 cm x 7 cm.
EyesOne pair 8mm brown glass eyes with loops.
- 10 x size 30 mm joint discs.
- 4 x Slot-head screws, 4 x Lock-nuts and 8 x Washers for limb connections.
- 1 x Cotter pin and 2 x washers for head and body connection.
- 1 metre #5 brown Perle embroidery thread for nose and mouth detail.
- 0.25 metre #8 black Perle embroidery thread for eye detail.
- Necklace: 120 x clear pink seed beads, 60 x pale pink seed beads, 32 x green cone beads and 32 x clear green beads.
- Earrings: 2 x ‘pearls’, 4 x crystal beads, 1 x clear green bead and 8 x seed ‘pearls’.
- Ring: 1 x large bright pink bead, 2 x clear green beads and 3 x seed ‘pearls’.
- Hip scarf: Approx. 50 cm x 6 cm chiffon. Colours may vary.
- Head band: Approx: 10 cm sequin strip; narrow ribbon and feather. Colours may vary.
- Hollofibre filling is not included in the pattern.
- Dixie is a collectable bear and not suitable for young children due to small parts.