Granny 26cm Steiff-Schulte Mohair 5-Way Jointed Bear Kit
Granny's kit will enable you to create this 5-way jointed, Steiff-Schulte mohair bear elegantly dressed for a grand occasion. Included are fabrics and trim for Granny’s hat and collar.
Designed by Eunice Beaton
Skill LevelIntermediate (See Skill Level explanation page)
Basic sewing and bearmaking experience required for hand stitching.
PatternStep-by-step instructions, pattern sheet and photo.
- Sparse, feathered 16mm (light taupe, or teddy colour) pile Schulte mohair - sized 50 cm x 35 cm.
- Ultrasuede (coloured to match mohair) – sized 12 cm x 10 cm.
- Rayon or wool felt or similar for her hat in a contrasting colour – sized 20cm x 27cm.
- Lace for her collar - sized approx. 30 cm strip x 2.5 cm wide.
EyesOne pair 6mm or 7mm black glass eyes with loops.
- 10 x size 35 mm joint discs.
- 4 x Slot-head screws, 4 x Lock-nuts and 8 x Washers for limb connections.
- 1 x Cotter pin and 2 x washers for head and body connection.
- 2 metres #5 or #8 black Perle embroidery thread for her nose, mouth & claws.
- Organza flower trim for hat.
- Pearl button used as ‘brooch’.
- Colour of fabrics and accessories/trims used in this kit may vary from the photograph.
- Chair not included in the kit.
- Hollofibre filling is not included in the kit.
- Granny Bear is a collectable bear and not suitable for young children due to small parts.