Shnuffles 20cm Steiff-Schulte Mohair 5-Way Jointed Hedgehog Kit
Shnuffles' kit will enable you to make this very cute 5-way jointed, Steiff-Schulte mohair hedgehog. He will definitely sniffle and shuffle his way into your heart.
Designed by Eunice Beaton
Skill LevelIntermediate (See Skill Level explanation page)
Basic sewing and bearmaking experience required for hand stitching.
PatternStep-by-step instructions, pattern sheet and photo.
- Hedgehog-style 25mm pile Schulte mohair for head (hair) & outer ears - sized 20 cm x 13 cm.
- Hedgehog-style 10mm pile Schulte mohair for body & limbs – sized 23 cm x 35 cm.
- Mini velvet for Face, inner ears & body front panel – sized 18 cm x 10 cm.
- Off White ultrasuede for eye backing – sized 1.5 cm x 2.5 cm.
- Ultrasuede scrap for neck tie.
Use mohair, with trimmed off fur pile, or reversed, for footpads.
EyesOne pair 8mm black glass eyes with loops.
- 10 x size 25 mm fibre discs.
- 5 x Cotter or T-pins for the head and limbs to body connection.
- 1 metre #5 or #8 black Perle embroidery thread for nose & mouth.
- Hollofibre filling is not included in the kit.
- Shnuffles is a collectable bear and not suitable for young children due to small parts.