Fleur 20cm Steiff-Schulte Mohair 5-Way Jointed Dragon-Bear Kit
Fleur — our friendly Dragon — is a delightful, likeable character, who enjoys the beauty and fragrance of flowers. With a brightly coloured 'coat', indicative of her cheerful personality, her endearing appeal is in stark contrast to the often-portrayed, typical fire-eating monsters.
A standing dragon, she is 20 cm tall and created from Steiff-Schulte Mohair and mini velvet, thus providing an interesting contrast in textures. Her limbs and head are jointed, she has glass eyes, an embroidered nose, mouth and claw detail.
The lace trim and mini buttons as well as instructions on how to make her fabric flowers with optional blanket-stitched edging and the frill on her spine are all included in her kit. Note: Colours may vary in kit.
Designed by Eunice Beaton
Intermediate (See Skill Level explanation page)
Basic sewing and bearmaking experience required for hand stitching.
Step-by-step instructions, pattern sheet and photo.
- Hand-dyed 18 mm pile Steiff-Schulte Mohair for her hair - sized 21 cm x 9 cm.
- Hand-dyed 16 mm pile Steiff-Schulte Mohair for her body back, arms, legs and outer ears - 1/16m.
- Mini velvet for her body front and inner ears - sized approx. 16 cm x 16 cm.
- Mini velvet for her face, paws and footpads - sized approx. 25 cm x 10 cm.
- Cotton fabric for her spine frill detail - sized 50 cm x 5 cm.
- Cotton fabric and double sided vilene for her flower trim detail - sized 10 cm x 10 cm.
- Additional cotton fabric for backing - sized 10 cm x 10 cm.
- Scrap of blue or green Ultrasuede for eye backing detail.
One pair 5mm black or brown glass eyes with loops.
- 4 x size 13 mm fibre joint discs for the arms to body connection.
- 2 x size 20 mm joint discs for the head to body connection.
- 4 x size 35 mm pressed board discs for the legs to body connection.
- 3 x Cotter or T-pins for the head & arm to body connection.
- 2 x Slot-head screws, 2 x Lock-nuts and 6 x Washers for limb connections.
- 2 metres #5 or #8 coloured Perle embroidery thread for nose, mouth & claws.
- 60 cm x 2.5 cm wide lace for neck trim.
- 4 x mini buttons for flower centre.
- Hollofibre filling is not included in the kit.
- Fleur is a collectable bear and not suitable for young children due to small parts.