Skippy 30cm Steiff-Schulte Mohair Sailor Bear Pattern
Skippy, our sailor bear is a dab hand on deck. Dressed for life at sea, this cute and cuddly bear is created from Steiff-Schulte's matted mohair and proudly wears his nautical collar and round, doughboy style sailor's hat.
Designed by Eunice Beaton
Skill LevelIntermediate (See Skill Level explanation page)
Basic sewing and bearmaking experience required for hand stitching.
Skippy requires the following if you wish to make him:
- Matted, Steiff-Schulte mohair - sized 30 cm x 70 cm.
- Collar & Hat: Blue & white cotton-style fabric - sized 22cm x 33cm.
- Collar, Hat & Brim: White lining & vilene cotton-style fabric - sized 30 cm x 33 cm.
- Collar Trim: Narrow white cord or ribbon. Length approx. 60cm.
- Ultrasuede to match or contrast with the fur - sized 14 cm x 12 cm.
EyesOne pair 10 mm black or brown glass eyes with loops.
- 2 x size 35 mm joint discs for the head.
- 4 x size 25 mm joint discs for the arms.
- 4 x size 40 mm joint discs for the legs.
- 4 x Slot-head screws, 4 x Lock-nuts and 8 x Washers for limb connections.
- 1 x Cotter pin and 2 x washers for head and body connection.
- 2 metres #5 brown or black Perle embroidery thread for nose & mouth.
- Colour of mohair may vary from photo.
- Hollofibre filling is not included in the pattern.
- Skippy is a collectable bear and not suitable for young children due to small parts.