JingJing 22cm Steiff-Schulte Mohair 5-Way Jointed Bear Kit
JingJing is delighted to show off his Mandarin style hat. Created from a combination of Steiff-Schulte fabrics, JingJing is 5-way jointed, has glass eyes, an embroidered nose and has firmly filled head, limbs and tummy. His paws and footpads use a gentle contrasting coloured ultrasuede. He is 22cm in size and has an easy-to-make Mandarin-inspired hat which is topped with a 'button' and tassel. Supplies and info on how to make his hat are included in the kit.
Designed by Eunice Beaton
Skill LevelIntermediate (See Skill Level explanation page)
Basic sewing and bearmaking experience required for hand stitching.
PatternStep-by-step instructions, pattern sheet and photo.
- Straight 10mm pile, or similar, Steiff-Schulte black mohair - sized 10.5 cm length x 43 cm width.
- Straight 10mm pile, or similar, Steiff-Schulte white synthetic or alpaca - sized 17 cm length x 35 cm width.
- Paws and footpads use contrasting coloured ultrasuede.
EyesOne pair 10 mm glass eyes with loops.
- 4 x size 20 mm joint discs for the arms to body connection.
- 6 x size 25 mm joint discs for the head and legs to body connection.
- 4 x Slot-head screws, 4 x Lock-nuts and 8 x Washers for limb connections.
- 1 x Cotter pin and 2 x washers for head and body connection.
- 1 metre #5 black Perle embroidery thread for nose, mouth.
- Cotton print fabric - sized 18 cm length x 29 cm width.
- One large safety eye with metal clip to secure.
- Covering: 1 piece green fabric, approx circular size 6 cm.
- One ready-made tassel.
- Hollofibre filling is not included in the kit.
- Plastic pellets or glass beads are optional for a squooshy tummy.
- JingJing is a collectable bear and not suitable for young children due to small parts.