B.Buzz 17cm Steiff-Schulte Mohair 5-Way Jointed Bear Kit
B.Buzz is an appealing wobble-neck jointed bear, 5-way jointed and created from Steiff-Schulte mohair. His ultrasuede inner ears, paws and footpads are appliqued using randomly stitched detail. With his own little beehive he's assured of a constant supply of honey. The kit also includes everything, except the coloured embroidery threads, to make his beehive.
Designed by Eunice Beaton
Skill LevelIntermediate (See Skill Level explanation page)
Basic sewing and bearmaking experience required for hand stitching.
PatternStep-by-step instructions, pattern sheet and photo.
- Sparse, short (teddy colour) pile Steiff-Schulte Mohair - sized 25 cm x 30 cm.
- Ultrasuede (dark taupe or brown) for inner ears, paws and footpads - sized 8 cm x 6 cm.
- Ultrasuede (cream or off-white) for eye backings - sized 3 cm x 2 cm.
EyesOne pair 10mm black glass eyes with loops.
- 4 x size 13 mm fibre discs for arms to body connection.
- 6 x size 20 mm fibre discs for legs and head to body connection.
- 4 x Cotter or T-pins for the arms & legs to body connection.
- 2 x Cotter pins, 2 x 3 mm washers for the wobble-neck head to body connection.
- 3 metres #5 or #8 black Perle embroidery thread for embroidering his nose, mouth and for the stitched detail on his inner ears, paws and footpads.
- Approx 4.5 cm to 5 cm x 12 cm gold felt for beehive.
- 2 cm scrap of black felt or ultrasuede for the hive door.
- 4 cm square of black felt or ultrasude for the base of the hive.
- A bee charm to attach to his hive.
- Hollofibre filling is not included in the kit.
- Green & red embroidery thread for optional embroidery/stitching on the beehive.
- Optional glass beads to create a soft, supple, poseable effect.
- B.Buzz is a collectable bear and not suitable for young children due to small parts.