Shelly 25cm Steiff-Schulte Mohair 5-Way Jointed Tortoise Kit
Out of stock
Shelly's kit will enable you to create this 5-way jointed, Seychellois-inspired, Steiff-Schulte mohair tortoise.
Stylish Shelly, in her bucket hat, is a 5-way jointed Steiff Schulte Seychellois-inspired tortoise, and proudly displays the colourful embroidered applique detail on her shell.
Designed by Dianne Sturgess
Advanced (See Skill Level explanation page)
Intermediate sewing and bearmaking skills/experience required.
Step-by-step instructions, pattern sheet and photo.
- Short, sparse, 10mm pile Steiff-Schulte mohair - sized 50 cm x 23 cm.
- Felt or Ultrasuede for paw/foot pads – sized 18 cm x 5 cm.
- Felt for Shell - sized 14.5 cm x 29 cm.
- Felt for Shell shapes - three pieces sized 7 cm x 4 cm and one piece sized 7.5 cm x 7.5 cm.
- Felt for Hat - sized 24cm x 16cm.
- Felt for Hat flowers & leaves - sized 4 cm x 7cm flowers and 7 cm x 2.5 cm leaves.
- Felt for Eyes - 2.5 cm x 4.5 cm white.
- Ultrasuede for Eyelids - sized 2.5 cm x 11cm.
One pair 14 mm black glass eyes with loops
- 10 x size 25 mmx 4 mm id fibre joint discs for the head & legs.
- 4 x Slot-head screws, 4 x Lock-nuts and 8 x Washers for limb connections.
- 1 x Cotter pin and 2 x washers for head and body connection.
- 0.50 metre #5 Black Perle embroidery thread to embroider her nose & mouth.
- 10 metres #5 Coloured Perle embroidery thread for her hat and shell embellishment
- 0.50 metre #5 Coloured Perle or stranded embroidery thread for flower centres
- Hollofibre filling is not included in the kit.
- Glass beads are optional, to add weight.
- Shelly is a collectable tortoise and not suitable for young children due to small parts.
Write Your Own Review