Shelly Pattern (Downloadable Printable PDF)
Shelly's pattern will enable you to make this 5-way jointed, Seychellois-inspired, Steiff Schulte mohair tortoise. Included with the pattern are step-by-step instructions and a photo.
Please note the download link will indicate "Link not available" until we approve it. You will receive a second order update email once the link is available.
Click here for Download Instructions.
Shelly's pattern will enable you to create this 5-way jointed, short pile Steiff Schulte Seychellois-inspired tortoise, together with her bucket hat and colourful, embroidered appliqued shell.
Designed by Dianne Sturgess
Advanced (See Skill Level explanation page)
Intermediate sewing and bearmaking skills/experience required.
Shelly requires the following if you wish to make her:
Step-by-step instructions, pattern sheet and photo.
Short, sparse, 10mm pile Steiff-Schulte mohair - sized 50 cm x 23 cm.
Felt or Ultrasuede for paw/foot pads – sized 18 cm x 5 cm.
Felt for Shell - sized 14.5 cm x 29 cm.
Felt for Shell shapes - three pieces sized 7 cm x 4 cm and one piece sized 7.5 cm x 7.5 cm.
Felt for Hat - sized 24cm x 16cm.
Felt for Hat flowers & leaves - sized 4 cm x 7cm flowers and 7 cm x 2.5 cm leaves.
Felt for Eyes - 2.5 cm x 4.5 cm white.
Ultrasuede for Eyelids - sized 2.5 cm x 11cm.
One pair 14 mm black glass eyes with loops
10 x size 25 mmx 4 mm id fibre joint discs for the head & legs.
4 x Slot-head screws, 4 x Lock-nuts and 8 x Washers for limb connections.
1 x Cotter pin and 2 x washers for head and body connection.
0.50 metre #5 Black Perle embroidery thread to embroider her nose & mouth.
10 metres #5 Coloured Perle embroidery thread for her hat and shell embellishment
0.50 metre #5 Coloured Perle or stranded embroidery thread for flower centres
- Hollofibre filling is not included with the pattern.
- Glass beads for additional weight is optional.
- Shelly is a collectable bear and not suitable for young children due to small parts.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Click "Add to Cart".
- 2. Click "Checkout".
- 3. Follow usual Checkout procedure.
- 4. Once placed a link will appear under "My Downloadable Products" in "My Account".
- 5. The link will be listed as "Pending" and only once approved by us will become "Available".
- 6. You will receive a second order update email once the download link is "Available".
- 7. Click the "Shelly Pattern PDF" link to download.
- 8. Open the file using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
If you're unable to download the file, or are having trouble viewing it please click here to contact us for assistance.
You will require Adobe Acrobat Reader version 4 or newer to view the PDF pattern.