Sakura (Downloadable Printable PDF)
Sakura's pattern will enable you to create this delightful 5-way jointed Steiff-Schulte pink variegated, batik-dyed mohair bear. Inlcuded with the pattern are step-by-step instructions and photo.
Please note the download link will indicate "Link not available" until we approve it. You will receive a second order update email once the link is available.
Click here for Download Instructions.
Sakura's pattern will enable you to create this beautiful 5-way jointed, Steiff-Schulte mohair bear. The pink variegated, batik-dyed mohair together with the delicate pink colouring of Japanese cherry blossoms were the inspiration for this bear design. The mohair pile on her inner ears, paws and footpads have been trimmed off and claws have been embroidered on her paws and footpads. She has unique pale aubergine coloured enamel glass eyes and a contrasting coloured embroidered nose. To enhance her appearance Sakura wears a floral embellished head band.
Designed by Dianne Sturgess
Intermediate (See Skill Level explanation page)
Basic sewing and bearmaking experience required for hand stitching.
Sakura requires the following if you wish to make her:
Step-by-step instructions, pattern sheet and photo.
- Long 25 mm pile Steiff-Schulte mohair – sized 50 cm x 35 cm.
- The paws and footpads use the same mohair but with the fur pile trimmed off.
One pair 8 mm or 10 mm coloured, black or brown glass eyes with loops.
- 6 x size 30 mm joint discs for the head and arms to body.
- 4 x size 35 mm joint discs for the legs to body.
- 4 x Slot-head screws, 4 x Lock-nuts and 8 x Washers for limb connections.
- 1 x Cotter pin and 2 x washers for head and body connection.
- 2 metres #5 or #8 coloured Perle embroidery thread for nose & mouth.
Trim for Headband
- White wool felt for the headband base. Size approx. 8cm x 1.5cm
- Pink wool felt for the flowers. Size approx. 8cm x 2.5cm
- Green Ultrasuede/wool felt for leaves. Size approx. 7cm x 3cm
- Stranded embroidery thread in colours for flowers and leaves. Size 60cm each
- Ribbon. Two lengths. Size approx 20cm L x 0.60cm or 1cm W
- Hollofibre filling is not included in the pattern. Glass beads for additional weight.
- Sakura is a collectable bear and not suitable for young children due to small parts.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Click "Add to Cart".
- 2. Click "Checkout".
- 3. Follow usual Checkout procedure.
- 4. Once placed a link will appear under "My Downloadable Products" in "My Account".
- 5. The link will be listed as "Pending" and only once approved by us will become "Available".
- 6. You will receive a second order update email once the download link is "Available".
- 7. Click the "Sakura Pattern PDF" link to download.
- 8. Open the file using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
If you're unable to download the file, or are having trouble viewing it please click here to contact us for assistance.
You will require Adobe Acrobat Reader version 4 or newer to view the PDF pattern.