Bibury Pattern (Downloadable Printable PDF)
Bibury's pattern will enable you to make this traditional old-style 5-way jointed mohair bear. Included with the pattern are step-by-step instructions and a photo.
Please note the download link will indicate "Link not available" until we approve it. You will receive a second order update email once the link is available.
Click here for Download Instructions.
Bibury's pattern will enable you to make this traditional old-style 5-way jointed mohair bear. Memories of a trip to Bibury, the quaint English village in the Cotswolds, were the inspiration for the design of this bear.
Designed by Eunice Beaton
Intermediate (See Skill Level explanation page)
Basic sewing and bearmaking experience required for hand stitching.
Clancy requires the following if you wish to make him:
- Feathered (teddy colour) 16 mm pile Schulte mohair - sized 45 cm x 46 cm.
- Ultrasuede for paws and footpads, to match mohair - sized 10 cm x 8 cm.
One pair 13mm brown hand-blown glass eyes with loops.
- 6 x size 45mm discs for head & legs to body connection.
- 4 x size 35mm discs for arms to body connection.
- 4 x Slot-head screws, 4 x locknuts, 8 x washers for limbs to body connection.
- 1 x Cotter pin, 2 x washers for head/body connection.
- 2 metres #5 black Perle embroidery thread for his nose and mouth.
- Hollofibre filling is not included in the pattern.
- Bibury is a collectable bear and not suitable for young children due to small parts.
Frequently Asked Questions
- 1. Click "Add to Cart".
- 2. Click "Checkout".
- 3. Follow usual Checkout procedure.
- 4. Once placed a link will appear under "My Downloadable Products" in "My Account".
- 5. The link will be listed as "Pending" and only once approved by us will become "Available".
- 6. You will receive a second order update email once the download link is "Available".
- 7. Click the "Bibury Pattern PDF" link to download.
- 8. Open the file using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
If you're unable to download the file, or are having trouble viewing it please click here to contact us for assistance.
You will require Adobe Acrobat Reader version 4 or newer to view the PDF pattern.