Information Collection, Use & Disclosure
We aim to provide an efficient and customized experience when you visit Teddytech’s website and collecting information from you will enable us to:
- assist in making the site easier for you to use;
- find information, products and services quickly and
- advise you of new information, products and services that we offer.
We collect and use information through our website only in ways disclosed in this statement and Teddytech does not rent, sell, trade or disclose your personal information to anyone, except that:
- your personal information is used to process your order and provide you with customer service;
- to communciate with you about the Teddytech website and your orders and deliveries, our new products, special offers and newsletters.
- In order to deliver products to you, your details such as your name, address and phone number are obviously available to service providers such as the SA Postal Service and courier companies, whichever method is being used to deliver your order.
- Such personal information is released, for example if required to disclose such information by law.
- If participating in a Teddytech promotion/competition, we may publicly disclose the name of the winner’s.
We collect general data that is not personally identifiable information to determine how people use our website and its services, such as your IP address; the type of browser you use; the pages on our website that you have visited; which files are downloaded most frequently; advertisements and links that you have clicked on. Analyzing this data allows us to improve the offerings and performance of our site, resulting in a better online experience.
What are Cookies? Like many online websites, this website employs cookies. Cookies are used to enable you to navigate our website speedily; to recognize you when you return to our website; to track your website usage when you select products, place them in an online shopping cart and purchase those products.
Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored as text files by your Internet Browser on your computer’s hard drive and most browsers are set to accept cookies. NOTE: This website’s cookies don’t and can’t access any user’s hard drive to gather their confidential information.
You can refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser, however, if you select this setting, you may be unable to use this website to its fullest advantage.
We use SSL encryption (Secure Sockets Layer “SSL”) to protect your personal information online and we also take steps to protect your personal information in our premises. SSL technology enables encryption of sensitive information to provide you with a safe and secure shopping experience.
Corrections / Opt Out
Should you wish us to:
- correct or update your personal information and/or
- stop sending emails to your email address.
Kindly contact us via our Contact Page and we will make the necessary changes.
Links to Other Web Sites
Offline Collection, Use & Disclosure Information
Information may also be collected offline and such information collection, use and disclosures are treated in the same manner as our online practices.
If you phone us to place an order, we will ask only for the personal information required in order to place and execute your order.
If you fax your order and details to us, we will act upon the faxed request from yourselves and then store it safely or shred the fax if there is no need to retain this information.